All players must be US Lacrosse members to participate in all Huntsville Lacrosse Association programs.
US Lacrosse memberships are $30 for Youth players and $35 for High School players.
US Lacrosse membership purchases and/or renewals are paid directly to US Lacrosse and is
a part of your online registration process for the Spring 2018 lacrosse season.
This year HLA is leveraging the US Lacrosse Athlete Development Model (LADM), a
long-term athlete development approach, for our youth teams.
This framework provides young players with age appropriate developmental opportunities
utilizing "small-sided" or half field play. In addition, it also utilizes 5-player teams and 7-player teams
at the different age levels of U8, U10 and U12. This allows the young athletes to get
more 'touches' and playing time, focusing on the basics needed to improve.
It also permites HLA to have more teams at each age level, which then allows for local games,
less travel, and lower registration fees - all while providing a better lacrosse
product for the youth players!
More information on US Lacrosse LADM can be found at:
Unlike past years, HLA is not participating with the Greater Birmingham Youth
Lacrosse Association (GBYLA) for youth games scheduling.
This will allow coaches the opportunity to schedule additional 'friendly' games in Cullman,
Birmingham and Tennessee to enhance each teams' local Spring game schedule.
General Information regarding our Spring lacrosse seasons:
Huntsville Lacrosse Association Registration fees cover the following items:
- league operation, D&O insurance, league equipment and storage
- referee game fees
- background checks for coaches & some assistant coaches
- purchasing of goals, balls, nets, cones, timing clocks, etc.
- equipment and paint to line and stripe fields
- goalie protective equipment for younger youth teams
- coaching tools for practices
- coaches' training and studies
- registration, scheduling and software costs
- players' game uniform at the youth level (
high school teams pay for uniforms directly to the individual high school as a separate cost)
- field usage fees paid to municipal offices or schools for field usage
- administrative fees related to taxes, accounting, postage, software
- field maintenance fees for upkeep of private fields that HLA has made agreements for usage
Huntsville Lacrosse Association Registration fees DO NOT cover the following items:
- Fees do not include tournament fees
- Fees do not include uniform fees for High School teams
Fees do not include individual players equipment
- Fees do not include US Lacrosse Membership. Current US Lacrosse Membership for the entire season of play is mandatory for registration with Huntsville Lacrosse Association and may be obtained during the registration process.
Huntsville Lacrosse Association is a volunteer organization run by lacrosse families and lacrosse enthusiasts.
HLA is not subsidized by any federal, state, or local organizations as a recreational sport
in the manner that municipality-run recreation sports are.
Huntsville Lacrosse Association provide scholarship opportunieies based on a combination of need and merit
to those players from families that are eligible. Please visit our scholarship page for additional information.
Currently HLA does NOT have mandatory fundraisers for lacrosse families.